It is going to be a good year. I can feel it. There is something about a new year that motivates me to be a better version of myself. On the 1st of January, my boyfriend sat me down and asked me what I want to do this year and what I want to change. At first it took a while to think of things other than to eat healthier, exercise, etc. After a few days of thinking, I have narrowed down what I want to achieve in 2017:
- Firstly, I want to blog more. I started this blog with good intentions but time gets the better of me and soon I am swamped with assignments and tests, leaving no time to do something I love. My aim is to produce a blog post once a week. Whether it be fashion, food, exercise, life update or DIY. (I think a little planning ahead during test week shall be needed). Lastly, this blog is now on WordPress and not Blogger, as my friend Jenna convinced this is the better host.
- Save. Another unoriginal goal but ever since I travelled to Europe last year, I have been itching for a new and exciting adventure. That cannot be done without saving and since I am going into my 4th year of studying, I am limited to a marginal amount of income.
- Keep my room tidy. I am prone to tossing my clothes on my chair and huge pile starts to mount up. My desk gets textbooks and random shopping bags on it as well. So to be a more organised person, I think I shall start with the task of keeping my room spick and span.
- Read more. I tend to forget about the books I start reading and have decided I want to start reading before I go to bed at night. I need to stop watching a million and one episodes of One Tree Hill. I already have a list of 5 great books that I am itching to get my hands on.
- Capture every moment. I used to enjoy my photography and this year my camera is going to make more of an appearance.
- Improve my lifestyle. This is a combination of sleeping more, exercising more and eating healthier. Every year I have these goals but this year I feel more motivated than ever to follow through.
- Lastly, I want to be a stronger person (emotionally). I am a “pushover”. I need to learn to say no, ask questions, put myself out there and speak my mind. Watch out 2017, here comes a new confident Chelsea!
Fill me in on all your goals for 2017. I am curious. Hopefully you shall see more of me this year.