Valentines Day is around the corner. Now, I am never one to go big or dress to theme. I probably own one pink top in my wardrobe. However, I do like to look cute and feel put-together on Valentines Day. Here are a few of my Valentines Day essentials:
- White Lace Bralet – I always feel better when I am wearing a pretty bra. It is even better when it peeks out from under your shirt and you can see the pretty lace details. This bralet is from Cotton On. I originally bought it in black and it was so comfortable that I decided to buy it in white. It also has removable cup, which is a win in my book.
- Vintage Camisole – This delicate midnight blue camisole was given to me from my beyond generous mother. The subtle embroidery at the neckline brings a elegances to the camisole. This camisole is appropriate for a special date night and can be dressed up with black skinny jeans and heels. It can also be dressed down with a denim skirt for a day time. This camisole is one of my favourite pieces in my wardrobe.
- Hand cream – Since it is Valentines day, soft and great smelling hands are perfect if you are going to be holding hands. I own the Body Shop pink grapefruit hand cream and it smells delicious! It is small so it can easily fit into your purse or handbag.
- Silver jewelry – I LOVE silver jewelry. Almost all the jewelry I own is silver. I believe that one should pick their favourite metal and stick to it. I try find clothes and handbags with silver details as it is easier to match with my clothing. A small jewelry piece can make an outfit even more special and feel put-together.
- Sunglasses – It is summer in South Africa, therefore sunglasses are a huge must have in every girls wardrobe. I have a lot of black and white in my wardrobe, so a simple sleek pair of black Ray Bans always do the trick. Sunglasses can hide your eyes when you cry from joy when your boyfriend gives you lots of love and presents OR it can hide the “I am so single tears”.
- Sandals – To introduce a pop of colour into an outfit, these red Zara sandals are appropriate for a Valentines Day outfit. Maybe I shall dress to theme this year? These sandals have a criss cross suede pattern and definitely will be a cute addition to an outfit.
I hope this has given you some inspiration for Valentines Day. Let me know how yours goes!