Cooking has never come naturally to me. I usually opt for a toasted cheese sandwich and call it a day. However, the thought of me possibly moving out next year has pushed me to experiment in the kitchen. I like to keep my meals simple, I do not want to burn the house down anytime soon.
This recipe that I came up with is rather basic but it is packed full of flavour. I am starting with the baby steps before I start experimenting with more complex dishes.
This is what you will need:
- 1 Avocado
- Rosemary and Olive seasoning (optional)
- Olive oil
- Basil Pesto
- Baby Italian tomatoes
- Bread of your choice
- Cut a slice of bread and pop it into the toaster until golden brown.
- Smash avocado in a separate bowl. Add salt, pepper and rosemary and olive seasoning, taste along the way to get to your preferred flavour.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil in a pan and put it on medium to low heat. Toss 4 to 5 baby Italian tomatoes into the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes. Stir the tomatoes around so they do not burn. Press on tomatoes when slightly softer to break the skin and let the juice run out. Add in small amount of basil pesto before taking the tomatoes off the stove.
- Drain the tomatoes and sauce into a separate bowl. The juice from the tomatoes and basil pesto is important for later as it becomes your sauce. Mix up the tomatoes and basil pesto so the tomato juices and basil pesto mix.
- Add smashed avocado onto your toast. I love avocado, so I am very generous with my serving.
- Place the tomatoes on top the avocado. Use a soon to collect the sauce in the bowl and drizzle it on top of your tomatoes and avocado. And you are done!
I hope that this dish is as enjoyable to you as it is to me! Let me know what your go to meal is and feel free to share links down below so I can try some of your amazing recipes! I am always looking for easy simple dishes to try out.